As we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, it is heartening to recall why this monumental historical event gives us a sure hope. Here are a few reasons I’ve been thinking about:
- Through the death of Jesus—God in the flesh—sinners can be reconciled to God (Rom. 5:10).
- Salvation is a free gift from God, available to all who will call on Jesus’ name (Eph. 2:8–9, Acts 2:21).
- Because Jesus lives, death no longer has a hold on those who know Him through salvation. To live is Christ; to die is gain (Phil. 1:21).
- When we are absent from the body, we will be instantly present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:6–8).
- I lost my youngest sister a few weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. Because Jesus lives and we both know Him personally as Lord and Savior, I will see her again.
- There is no greater joy than knowing Jesus and living for Him (from my experience and that of so many others).
I wrote a song called “So Many Goodbyes” that talks about the hope we have in Jesus, even when we have to say goodbye to loved ones. For the next week, you can listen to the song in its entirety at my FaceBook music store here: https://www.facebook.com/JeanneGDennis/app_155326481208883.
May the Lord God of heaven grant you His hope, peace, love, and joy during this most joyous of seasons.